Day 01: Cusco – Hidroeletrica – Aguas Calientes
We will depart at 06:45 to 7:00a.m. from Cusco. The tour will begin with a nice, scenic ride to Ollantaytambo, where we will have a chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area as we take a short, 30 minute break (approx), in order to continue on in the direction of Santa Teresa, where a delicious lunch will be awaiting us.
Afterwards, at around 2:00 pm, we will return to the route in the direction of the train station at the nearby Hydroelectric Plant. From here we start to walk by the rail way untill we reach Aguas Calientes. You can also take a train(optional) to Aguas Calientes, wich takes 1 hr with 28USD for one way.
At 8 pm, though, it will be time to enjoy a hearty dinner along with the guide who will be taking you to the ancient citadel, Machu Picchu. At that time, he will have a chance to go over the plan for the following day and answer any questions.
Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes
Day 02: Sunrise at Machu Picchu + Back to Cusco
Today we wake up very early to take the breakfast that will be served from 4:20 am and after you will have the option to hike up or go by bus to Machu Picchu.
The guided tour in Machu Picchu will start at 6:20 with approximately 2Hrs.
After you finish with the tour guide you will have your free time to explore the citadel by your self, untill 11:30 wich is the time to start to come down untill the bridge, and turn on the left side and go back to hidroeléctrica (Bus station). Here our transportation is ready since 2 pm untill 3 maximoum (Show up the brazalet that we provided you, to be easy to find your bus).
We gonna be back in cusco 9 pm aproximatly
Include / Not include
- Tourist Transport (Cusco, Hydroelectrica – Cusco)
- 1 night accommodation (w/ private bath, hot water, Free luggage storage)
- 1 lunch, 1 dinner , 1 breakfast
- Entrance to the Citadel of Machu Picchu
- Professional tour Guide
- Bus up to or down from Machu Picchu
- Lunch on Day 2
- Entrance to the thermal hot baths
- Train tickets from hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes.
- Tickets for Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Montaña.
What you should bring:
- Original passport
- Mosquito repellent, sunscreen
- hat and long sleeve shirts
- Swimsuit, Shorts, towel, and sandals, if you want to visit the thermal baths
- Lantern, for if you choose to walk up to Machu Picchu, a poncho for rain
- Water bottle and snacks
- Camera, etc