This option is the alternative to that of the train, perfect for adventurers who want a walking experience through a magical journey that involves landscapes such as snow-capped mountains, cloud forest, a walk along the river under Urubamba and thus reach Machupicchu by the same path as the Incas did.
Day 01: Cusco – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
The tour will take us through beautiful views of snowy mountains and cloud forest. We passed through Santa Maria, Santa Teresa and finally we arrived at Hidroeléctrica. From this point at the end of lunch you will have to walk (2 ½ to 3 hours) towards Aguas Calientes, locate your hotel and rest until dinner time where your guide will answer your last questions.
** Night in Aguas Calientes at chosen Hotel
Day 02: Dawn In Machu Picchu / Return To Cusco
After breakfast we must ascend to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu on foot (1.40hrs). After entering your guide will take you through the most important enclosures and temples to tell you the history and secrets of this magnificent place. Upon completion, you must return to the hydroelectric plant and locate the mobile unit, the waiting and pick-up parameter is from 14:30 – 15:00 hrs. On the return we will make brief stops in Santa Teresa (pick up passengers), Huamanmarca (dinner / afternoon snack) until we arrive in Cusco around 9:45 pm – 10:00 pm approximately.
Include / Not include
- Group Tourist Transport (Cusco – Hydroelectric – Cusco)
- 01 night of accommodation in private room (bathroom, hot water 24 hours, free luggage storage, wifi, breakfast)
- Food: 01 lunch, 01 dinner, 01 breakfast
- Entrance ticket to the citadel of Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide in Machupicchu and assistance the first day.
- 24/7 assistance for emergencies or consultations before, during and after the trip.
- Bus up or down to Machu Picchu (USD 12.00 per section)
- Lunch on the second day (15 to 20 soles)
- Entrance to the hot springs Aguas Calientes (10 soles)
- Train tickets from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes (USD 36.00 per section).
What to bring:
- Mosquito repellent, sunscreen
- Original passport in physical
- Hat and long-sleeved shirts
- Swimsuit, shorts, towel and sandals, if you wish to visit the thermal baths
- Poncho for the rain
- Bottle of water and snacks
- The camera, etc.
To Take Into Account
- The accommodation is based on double rooms, triple rooms or more. Please check the extras or shared room location in case you are traveling alone.
- Since 2019, the entrances to Machupicchu are limited for each hour, this itinerary can be completed without haste only if there are spaces at 6, 7 or 8 am maximum, at the time of purchase / payment.
- The time and place to pick up the return from Santa Teresa with 3-day programs, will be in the square from 3:45 to 4:20 pm approximately.